There are some people out there that still believe that animals are just dumb beasts, but the unlikely animal friendships we’ve gathered here will prove that they are capable of feeling love and compassion just like we are.
Naturally, all of these animal pictures are heart-breakingly adorable, but there’s more to it than that. Why did these animals form their friendships? Some of them, like the lions, dogs, and elephants, are known for forming strong social relationships or even networks in the wild. In the absence of their prides or packs, it makes sense that they would seek other animal friends outside of their species. Other more solitary animals may form a parent-child relationship with animals that they spend time with or that helped raise them, especially if their parents are gone.
Whatever the reason may be, unusual friendships like these show that animals may be far more emotionally complex than many of us believe. Yet as complex, as they are, these funny animals also have their hilarious moments when playing with their friend. Thanks to wildlife photography or the animal owners adept eye that resulted in these funny animal pictures. Maybe the friendships aren’t so unusual after all!
1. Bubbles the African Elephant and Bella the Black Labrador
2. Bea the Giraffe and Wilma the Ostrich
3. Tinni the Dog and Sniffer the Wild Fox
4. Torque the Dog and Shrek the Owl
5. Fred the Labrador and Dennis the Duckling
6. Mabel the Chicken and the Puppies
7. Milo the Dog and Bonedigger the Lion
8. Cat and the Fox
9. Shere Khan, Baloo and Leo